Following clarification from the Government, our type of business is able to continue to operate within Public Health England guidelines to support our country’s essential services. From Monday 30th March we will be running with a restricted delivery & collection service for existing trade account customers only. This service will be effective until Friday 17th April but will be continually reviewed in line with Government announcements.
Deliveries of materials will be made from selected branches only for emergency repair and maintenance works, and for critical infrastructure. No residential deliveries will be accepted.
Social distancing rules will be enforced, and deliveries will be contingent on the support of our customers in upholding these rules
Please be aware that during this period delivery lead times may be extended, but we will advise you at the time you place the order.
Examples of specific sites where will we deliver to include:
- Hospitals, care / nursing homes, doctors’ surgeries
- Central and local government offices that are open for critical services
- Emergency services facilities e.g. police stations
- Military facilities
- Certain retail premises: e.g. supermarkets and other food shops, health shops, pharmacies
- Hotels, hostels and Bed and Breakfasts
- Food banks and homeless services
- Crematoria and cemeteries
- Social housing
- Transport infrastructure
- At all times we continue to take the following steps to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Please do not visit branches as you will not be allowed on the premises unless you have an agreed time slot in which to collect essential goods.
- Collections are for existing trade account customers, and only allowed by prior arrangement with your local branch. Please provide at least 24 hours’ notice. Goods will be prepared and left in a neutral area.
- If you have an enquiry that meets the above criteria only then please contact your local branch by clicking on this link: https://www.carpetandflooring.co.uk/contact-us/find-a-branch/
- Trade counters are closed to all during this period, but branches will remain operational for the collection of essential goods only, to service above industry sectors. Please note that when placing your pre-arranged order for collection of goods, you will need to provide us with details of which specific project the materials are intended for.
- Providing regular advice to colleagues on maintaining the highest hygiene standards
- Maintaining social distancing rules.
- Customers will no longer be asked to sign for deliveries. Our drivers will sign on behalf of the customer with note of the full name of the person taking delivery
We will continue to review the current situation and will keep you informed of changes to our services as and when they happen.
The safety of everyone is our number one priority and we would like to thank you for all your support and understanding during these difficult and uncertain times.